第一单元
  1.任何年满 18 周岁的人都有资格投票。 Anyone over the age of 18 is eligible to vote.
  2.每学期开学前,这些奖学金的申请表格就会由学校发给每一个学生。 A form to apply for these scholarships is sent by the universities to each student before the start of each semester.
  3.遵照医生的建议,我决定戒烟。 On the advice of my doctor I decided to give up smoking.
  4.公园位于县城的正中央。 The park is located right in the center of town.
  5.这所大学提供了我们所需的所有材料和设备。 The university provides all the materials and facilities we desire.
  1.他的内心深处知道,他们永远也不会再见了。 He knew in his heart that they would never meet again.
  2.他们同意出版他的第一本书后,他终于感到自己快要成功了。 He finally felt that he was on the road to success after they agreed to publish his first book.
  3.他停下来喝了一口水,然后继续讲话。 He stopped to take a sip of water and then resumed speaking.
  4.这个大项目使我们忙的今年都无法安排一次度假了。 The big project engages us so much that we can’t manage to take a holiday this year.
  5.氧气是气体中最重要的一种,正如水是液体中最后最重要的一种一样。 Just as water is the most important of liquids, oxygen is the most important of gases.
第二单元
  1.警察们正忙着填写关于这场事故的各种表格。 The policemen are busy filling out forms about the accident.
  2.我想在还车之前把油箱加满。 I want to fill up the fuel tank before returning the car.
  3.如果你要投诉,最好遵循正确的程序。 If you want to make a complaint, you’ better follow the correct procedure. d
  4.要不是约翰帮忙,我们决不会这么快就完成实验。 We couldn’t have finished the experiment so soon without John’s help.
  5.暴风雨之后,岸边的人们焦急的搜索湖面以期发现小船的踪迹。 After the storm, the people on the shore anxiously scanned the lake for any sign of the boat.
  1.没有身份证我不能放任何人进来,但对你来说是例外。
I’m not supposed to let anyone in without an ID card, but I’ll make an exception in your case.
  2.他已经从失败中汲取教训,不会犯同样的错误。 He has learned his lesson from the failure and won’t repeat the mistake.
  3.我对你的能力很有信心,相信你一定能成功。 I have great faith in your ability I’m sure you’ll succeed.
  4.即使下着雨,我们还是继续比赛。 Even though it was raining, we still went on with our match.
  5.我醒过来时发现自己躺在医院的床上。 I woke up to find myself lying on a hospital bed. 第三单元
  1..我们需要通过减少道路上的车辆以降低燃料消耗。 We need to cut down on our fuel consumption by having fewer cars on the road.
  2.电费上涨增加了我们的负担。 The rise in power costs has added to our burden.
  3.你应该自己判断行事,别总是跟在你哥哥的后面。 You should judge by yourself, and not always follow your brothers’ lead.
  4.那种发型今年很流行,但是我想明年就会过时。 That hairstyle is in fashion this year, but I am afraid it will be our of fashion next year.
  5.在追求真理的过程中,我们注定要遭受失败的痛苦。 We are fated to suffer from many failures in our quest for truth.
  1.我发现量入为出的过日子越来越难了。 I find it increasingly difficult to within my income.
  2.现代政治家们都试图以电视讲话来影响普通百姓。 Modern politicians try to reach out to ordinary people in their TV speeches.
  3.应该帮助学生对人生采取积极的态度。 Pupils should be helped to adopt a positive attitude to life.
  4.希望全班同学参加这些讨论。 Everyone is the class is expected to participate in these discussions.
  5.如果你犯了罪就必须受到惩罚。 If you commit a crime you must expect to be punished.
第四单元
  1.她在公共汽车站一直等到末班车进站。 She waited at the bus stop until the last bus came in.
  2.如果我们能帮的上忙,尽管和我们联系。
If there is any way we can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
  3.他需要多少船务人员才能使他的游艇航行? How many crew does he need to sail his yacht?
  4.虽然她的新书没有上一本好,但是我还是喜欢它。 I enjoyed her new book though it’s not quite as good as her last one.
  5.我从未遇到过如此善良的人。 Never before have I met such a kind person.
  1.公共汽车放慢速度并停下,让那位乘客上车。 The bus slowed down and stopped to allow the passenger to get on board.
  2.许多车子都驶过去了,可是没有一辆愿意让我们搭便车。 Many vehicles rolled by, but no one offered us a ride.
  3.请勿践踏草地。 Please get off the grass.
  4.他按妻子的吩咐,一下班就去了市场。 He made his way to the marketplace right after work, as his wife had asked him to do.
  5.值得庆幸的是,史蒂夫从自行车上摔下来的时候没有摔断骨头。 Luckily, Steven didn’t break any bones when he fell off his bike. 第五单元
  1.我们得把感情放在一边,从专业角度来对待这件事。 We have to put aside our emotions and take it from a professional standpoint.
  2.这部戏非常精彩,我很快就沉浸于激动人心的剧情之中。 The play was so wonderful that I soon lost myself in the excitement of it.
  3.她没有什么爱好??除非你把看电视也算是一种爱好。 She hasn’t got any hobbies ? unless you call watching TV a hobby.
  4.他说他是直接从市长本人那里得到这个消息的。 He said that he had got the information first-hand from the Mayor himself.
  5.既然你不能回答这个问题,我们最好问问别人。 Since you can’t answer the question, perhaps we’d better ask someone else.
  1.由于公共汽车司机突然刹车,旅客们都不由自主的向前摔倒。 All the passengers pitched forward because the bus driver braked sharply.
  2.这个协议将冲破对自由贸易设置的障碍。 This agreement will break through the obstacles to free trade.
  3.我刚放下叫出租车的电话,车就来了。 The taxi arrived soon after I rang for it.
  4.在过去不管我什么时候到家,我父母总会等我。
My parents always waited up for me no matter what time I got home.
  5.由于没有一方愿意让步,两个公司之间的对话完全破裂了。 Talks between the two countries completely broke down, because neither of them wanted to give in.
第六单元
  1.那件工作很难做,不过我想试试看。 It’s a difficult job, but I’d like to have a shot.
  2.那是一本关于商务实践而非理论的书。 This is a book about business practice as opposed to theory.
  3.社会活动从未耽误她的学习。 Social activities never get in the way of her studies.
  4.直到 1911 年人们才发现第一种维生素。 It was not until 1911 that the first of the vitamins was identified.
  5.很明显,自然灾害是造成这个国家经济危机的原因。 Natural disasters have obviously contributed to the country’s economic crisis.
  1.的婚姻很幸福,但我们也曾经历过许多坎坷。 Our marriage is happy but we’ve had many ups and downs
  2.许多外语教师常常在课堂上自己讲得太多。 Many teacher of foreign language are inclined to talk too much themselves in class.
  3.那位著名演员每天早晨锻炼一个小时以保持健康。 The famous actor keeps fit by working out for an hour every morning.
  4.与他促膝长谈之后,她的怀疑消失了。 After a long heart-to-heart talk with him, her suspicion melted away.
  5.目前我们没有职位空缺,但我们肯定会记住您的申请。 We have no vacancies now, but we’ll certainly keep your application in mind..
第七单元
  1.不后悔说过的话,只是觉得他完全可以不用这种方式表达。 He did not regret what he had said but felt that he could have expressed it differently.
  2.我们最好等到 12 月 14 日。那天大卫已经考完试,就能和我们一起去度假了。 We’d better wait till 14 December. David will have had his exam by then, so he’ll be able to go on holiday with us.
  3.他正在做一个新项目,年底前必须完成。 He’s working on a new project which has to be finished by the end of the
year.
  4.他们让我们使用他们的实验室,作为回报,我们则让他们分享研究成果。 They are letting us use their lab, and in return, we are sharing with them the results of our research.
  5.诸如打电话,听电话一类的事情占用了这位秘书的大部分时间。 Such things as making and answering telephone calls take up most of the secretary time.
  1.把房子卖了后就到加拿大和女儿住在一起。 They sold their house and went off to live in Canada with their daughter.
  2.??你下星期这个时候会在干什么? ??还是像平常一样干活。 What will you be doing this time next week? -- I’ll be working as usual.
  3.他既聪明又勤奋,不久就接管了杂志的编辑工作。 He was intelligent and hard-working and before long he took over the editing of the magazine.
  4.你话还没说完别人就挂断电话,难道你不恼火吗? Don’t you hate it when someone hangs up on you before you finish speaking?
  5.让他们感到惊恐的是,他们的房顶着火了。 To their horror, the roof of their house caught fire.
第八单元
  1.更为健康的饮食,人们现在比过去吃鱼多。 In pursuit of a healthier diet, people are eating more fish than they used to.
  2.我们需要在坏天气到来之前叫人把屋顶修一修。 We need to have the roof repaired before the bad weather sets in.
  3.这种疾病正在蔓延,所有儿童都有被传染的危险。 The disease is spreading, and all young children are at risk.
  4.信息通过电话线从一台电脑传到另一台电脑。 The information is transmitted from one computer to another through a telephone line.
  5.杰克是个相当好的赛跑运动员。他大多数情况下都能获胜。 Jack is a fairly good runner. He wins more often than not.
  1.你删掉 50 个字,我们就可以把整个故事排在一页纸上。 If you delete 50 words, we can put the whole story on one page.
  2.由那位著名拳击手亲笔签名的拳击手套正在展出。 On display were boxing gloves which bore the famous boxer’s signature.
  3.我们想不通他怎么会干出那样的傻事。 We can’t figure out why he did such a dumb thing.

  4.约翰逊一家对我很好,使我感到就像他们家的一员。 The Johnson were very kind to me. They made me feel like one of the family.
  5.他们说,想就合同的细节和你谈谈。 They say they want to talk to you in connection with the details of the contract.
 

相关内容

英语翻译句子

   1.你们要集中精力学习。 you should be focused on study. 2.对于年轻人来说,教育很重要。 for yourger people education does count. 3.我们在这所职业学校里学习许多课程。 we study many subjects in this vocational school. 4.让我们惊讶的是,老人这么大年纪还在学习外语。 to my surprise the old man still studies English at ...

英语翻译

   全国人民代表大会 National People's Congress (NPC) 主席团 Presidium 常务委员会 Standing Committee 办公厅 General Office 秘书处 Secretariat 代表资格审查委员会 Credentials Committee 提案审查委员会 Motions Examination Committee 民族委员会 Ethnic Affairs Committee 法律委员会 Law Committee 财政经济委员会 Fin ...

英语翻译

   1. Space is a dangerous place, not only because of meteors but also because of rays from the sun and other stars. Key: 宇宙空间是个危险的地方,不仅仅是因为有流星,而且是因为有太阳及其 他星辰的辐射/射线。 2. International students can’t work while they are studying in the U.S., so they mus ...

英语翻译

   没有付出就没有收获(No pain no gain!) 没有付出就没有收获(No I am sure everybody has specific attribute or quality distinguish me from anyone else. For me, I think perseverance is my specific attribute. 力是我的品性。 我相信每个人都有独特的价值或品质。对于我,毅 Going through my past, I could see ...

英语翻译

   英语六级翻译练习题 1.Everyone has his inherent ability , (只是很容易被习惯所掩盖).   2.The importance of traffic safety , (无论如何强调都不为过).   3.In my opinion , (打电动玩具既浪费时间也有害健康).   4.There is no doubt that (近视是一个很严重的问题)among the youth of our country.   5.Accordin ...

英语翻译

   我的座位很好, 戏很有意思, 但我却无法欣赏。 The play was very interesting .I did not enjoy it. 我的座位很好, 戏很有意思, 但我却无法欣赏。 我刚下火车。我这就来看你。I’ve just arrived by train and I’m coming to see you. 我刚下火车。我这就来看你 我给了他一顿饭。他把食物吃完,又喝了酒。 我给了他一顿饭。他把食物吃完,又喝了酒。I gave him a meal.He ate the ...

英语翻译

   6A 网络警察应保护网络吗? 网络警察应保护网络吗? 四个青少年发表了他们的看法 戈哈?盖尔扬,18岁,加利福尼亚州伯班克市 戈哈 盖尔扬, 岁 盖尔扬 因特网有着巨大的影响力, 因而各种群体都利用它来发表自己的观点。 诸如新纳粹主 义分子这样的团体, 利用万维网使成百万上千万的儿童和成人看到了他们有关白人种族优势论和 仇恨思想。 但是, 即使大多数人不同意他们在网上散布的信息, 也不应制定法律限制他们这样做。 人人都享有言论自由。 即使所散布的信息是有关仇恨思想的, 没有人有权来限制言论自 ...

英语翻译

   水果类(fruits): 火龙果 pitaya 西红柿 tomato 菠萝 pineapple 西瓜 watermelon 香蕉 banana 柚子 shaddock(pomelo) 橙子 orange 苹果 apple 柠檬 lemon 樱桃 cherry 桃子 peach 梨 pear 枣 Chinese date (去核枣 pitted 油桃 nectarine 柿子 persimmon date ) 椰子 coconut 草莓 strawberry 树莓 raspberry 蓝莓 b ...

英语翻译

   练习 3:别具译格 增 减 法 1. A book, tight shut, 15 but a block of paper. 一本书,紧紧合上,只是一堆纸。译文需增加“废”字,以使意义明了。 增译为:闲置之书,只是一堆废纸。 2. Success is often just an idea away. 成功往往只是一个念头的距离。译文需增加“失败”一词,以使原句意思表达完善。 增译为:成功与失败往往只是一念之差。 3. On condition that you sign this rec ...

英语翻译

   Unit 1 4 Translate the sentences into Chinese. 1 On university campuses in Europe, mass socialist or communist movements gave rise to increasingly violent clashes between the establishment and the college students, with their new and passionate com ...

热门内容

PEPEC英语考试出题标准

   PEPEC 英语考试出题标准 题目中航空公司代码采用 CAAC 指定的十个航空公司代码; 出题采用指定航图(已发布) 。 航班号:3 或 4 位数字。背景噪音不作强制要求。 MP3 采样率:64kb/s-128kb/s;44Hz; 单声道。 题干和问题应由两人录音,语气有情节性,语音语调流畅,音质好, 原则上要求英语为母语的人录音。不能使用其他考试系统的试题(包 括英语双证) 。 语速:100-120 字/分钟;图片大小:480*360; 图片底色:#FDFFE5;图片版式:单格/四格漫画。 ...

英语7

   阳光家教网www.ygjj.com 阳光家教网www.ygjj.com家教学习资料 英语专题(七) 非谓语动词 天津 王定民 非谓语动词是指分词(包括现在分词和过去分词) ,不定式,动名词等三种形式,即: doing , done , to do , doing .当然它们有各自不同的变化形式,如: 现在分词 doing : 有 being done(被动式) ; having done (完成式); having been do ne (完成被动式) 不定式 to do : 有 to be ...

2011年南开区高考英语听力模拟试B卷

   试卷 B 年天津市南开区高考英语听力模拟试题 2011 年天津市南开区高考英语听力模拟试题 注意事项: 注意事项 : 1. 本部分由试卷A和试卷B两套试卷组成,每套试卷共15小题,满分为20分。考 生务必将答案涂写在答题卡的对应位置上,答在试卷上的无效。 2. 录音材料播放时,考生可将答案标在试卷上;每套试卷录音材料播放完毕后,考 生都将有2分钟的时间将该套试卷上的答案转涂到答题卡的对应位置上。 3. 转涂答案时,用铅笔把答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑。如需改动,用橡皮擦 干净后,再选涂其他 ...

英语:Unit 4《Global warming》reading课件(4)(新人教版选修6)

   Reading What is the greenhouse made and used for? A greenhouse is made of glass and is used for growing plants, especially during cold weather. " How does it work? The air inside is warm because the glass traps the heat from the sun and keeps it f ...

考研英语语法全突破

   1 一、讲一些文化背景 语言是文化的重要载体,语言与文化密不可分。学习语言只有了解了有关的文化知识后,才能正确理解和 表情达意,从而激发学生学习这门语言的兴趣。所以在英语教学中,教师不但要把握好教材,还要仔细琢磨 课文所反映的英语国家的文化背景,如历史、地理、风俗习惯、风土人情等。只有这样,学生才能真正体会到 学习英语的乐趣。如教材中出现的 Washington D . C. 这个词,学生们很想知道为什么 Washington 后边 加上 D . C. ,我们就应该告诉他们:美国首都称 Wa ...